Friday, June 17, 2016

POEM EXAMPLES



Monody
Summer in the hills
Those hazy days I do remember
We were running still
Had the whole world at our feet
Watching seasons change
Mountains in the way
Our roads were lined with adventure
This is home where we are
Couldn't keep us from the sea
Here we stand open arms
I still hear you in the breeze
Ever strong in the world that we made
See your shadows in the trees
Holding on, memories never change

Your Smile On My Mind

I wake up every day with your smile on my mind. 
It's a beautiful sight to behold, so soft and so kind. 
My dreams are filled with the thought of me and you.
I awake and smile, for my dreams have come true.
I have you to guide me through my troubles and fears. 
I'll always be here for you through your struggles and tears. 
I love you more than my words could ever show.
You mean everything to me, I just want you to know.
I'll be here for you no matter the dilemma. 
You will always be first on my agenda.

"Can't Help Falling In Love"
Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand,Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you

Lost In The Past
Searching for something that may never be known,mental disturbance turns a heart back to stone.
Create memories alone in your head,holding you hostage as you lay in your bed.
Fits of despair have blinded your sight,awaken to find you are losing the fight.
Rays of sunlight lead the way,hurts from the past only keep you away.
Deception has caused your faith to stray,simple gestures are life's way to say...
Release the burden that's wanted your stay,crumble your thoughts and throw them away.
Discover a strength to start a new page,no longer alone slipped from the cage.
Bruised and broken you now can see
a glimpse of hope that may set your free.

Can Earth Be Earth?
Can earth be Earth when all its trees are gone,
And sudsy waters have become unfit,
And poisoned life no longer greets the dawn
With raucous sounds that death has caused to quit?
Will trees no longer wave, with limbs unfurled,
On hapless earth, that ever in orbit roams?
Will human ego sacrifice the world
To satiate its lust for pompous homes?
Will distant space look down on orb that's bald.
I now can hear the mother say,
"I was once called Earth.
But now, bereft of mirth, I weep.
That treeless orb's no longer Earth."



Unknown Web Developer

Morbi aliquam fringilla nisl. Pellentesque eleifend condimentum tellus, vel vulputate tortor malesuada sit amet. Aliquam vel vestibulum metus. Aenean ut mi aucto.

No comments:

Post a Comment